Sunday, September 19, 2010

Preparing for Papua New Guinea!!!

A year ago I was awarded a trip to visit a missionary. I chose Melanie Shustack in Papua New Guinea, since I'd heard she has a use for me stash of excess yarn!! Good reason, huh? Well I heard on Friday that Stan and I will indeed be able to get into Simbai where Melanie lives, and she is planning to be our hostess for 5 days! This involves not only the plane ride to the US, West Coast, to Australia, to Port Moresby, PNG, to Goroka, But then also a missionary bush plane ride into Simbai, with some hiking and 4-wheeler riding to boot!
We got our immunizations in August, then our flu shots. Malaria medicine in hand. Fred S is leading a work team to PNG with whom we are tagging along. He saw to buying our tickets and his wife, Jennifer delivered our Visa applications to DC a couple of weeks ago. Trusting all works out! I'm looking forward to getting to know Melanie, taking lots of pictures, so that I can tell her story and help other people get to know her, too. I hope to make Melanie's name well known at the ABWE Home Office, her sending agency and my workplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment