Sunday, September 19, 2010

"Lords of the Earth"

A great book that I read long ago, that has impacted my thought patterns about missions was by Don Richardson: "Lords of the Earth". It's about New Guinea, and cannibals coming to know Christ. Richardson spoke in one of my missions classes at Calvary Bible College back in the '70's. I'll never forget how excited he was to have discovered that in every culture God has left some inkling of their need for Him. Every culture has some link that when the missionary discovers their beliefs, can be used to "oil" their understanding of the Truth. This is also true in Richardson's book, "Peace Child", and I'm eager to read a third book, "Eternity in Their Hearts".

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if you are planning to read Eternity in Their Hearts in ebook format, but if not, I have it on my shelf. I wrote a paper on it in college and really enjoyed reading it!!

    ReplyDelete