Sunday, July 22, 2012

Raveling - the work of a designer

Well, I guess we all ravel sometimes - tink, frog, whatever you like to call it.  I started another Lobster hat in a different colorway.  Maybe this looks more like the rocky Maine coast, we'll see.  But, oops!  I didn't realize until after I tried to increase from the ribbing stitch count to the hat body stitch count...  I cast on 20 too many stitches orignally.  Rrrrip-it, rrrrip-it!  Start over, work a couple of inches and put it down for the night.
Next morning - started thinking of a different way to arrange the design so that there are 8 lobsters rather than 7....  Rrrrip-it, rrrrip-it!  Starting again, alternating lobsters with their heads up and lobsters with their tails up...
As Carol Woolcock would say, "twice as much fun with the same yarn!"  (Or as my dear old grandmother used to say - "Do and undo, keeps fools busy!")

No comments:

Post a Comment