Saturday, July 14, 2012

Live and Learn... Proceed wisely

Lobster-on-the-Rocks
Today I learned a lesson....  I was photographing the latest, the Lobster-on-the-Rocks hat, with seaweed crown.  The best bowl I had to shape it over was a glass one.  The photos on a blue background weren't right, so I set the hat-on-bowl aside to change the background and....

Seaweed Crown
smash!  Opps!  Even with a wool hat around it, the glass bowl didn't stand a chance against the cement basement floor. Sigh!  We really need to invest in a head to photograph the hats.    So this hat is not sellable, but I will knit it again, and write the pattern.
Cut!  

Mended

  And the cut is mendable - I just "happen to have" some of the same yarn it was knit from.  Just like the cookies you bake for a party, and eat the ones that didn't turn out so pretty....  I'll keep this hat for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment