Monday, December 31, 2012

Double Knitting

For some time now I've been admiring all Lucy Neatby's new double knit designs.  I did make her  Mirror, Mirror Scarf years ago, which is a good place to start, but now she has lots more double knitted patterns. So when I came across this online free pattern from Cascade Yarns for a Scandinavian Double Knit hat, I had to try it.  In my stash there are some yarns that I raveled from thrift store sweaters.... the darker one is an especially soft wool that I've been yearning to knit up...
It took me three tries, getting out Lucy's Mirror, Mirror pattern for more thorough instructions, re-charting for my own way of thinking, and restarting a couple of times, but now it's coming along!
Already I'm imagining some of my designs made into double knit hats and scarves.

No comments:

Post a Comment