Thursday, February 19, 2015

Taming Expectations

What do you expect of yourself? 
Do your expectations of yourself match the person God created you to be?  Perhaps you feel like others around you are expecting you to be_______.... But your personal bent is more________......


Tame your expectations...... Author Valorie Burton points out: as women grow older, it has been noted that they also tend to grow less happy.... Expectations they set on themselves begin to create "perpetual anxiety, self-doubt, and a generally unhappy life"....

At Ease!  You have nothing to prove! (That's my new motto).  God created me to be creative, smart-ish, but every so slightly (or more so) air-headed.  Other women are so capable of multi-tasking and planning, and I'm just not!  I am an ordinary "pint person in a gallon world".  I do have positive qualities that make me a worthy part of the body of Christ, a useful citizen in my town, family, etc.
Don't let anyone, least of all yourself, expect your personality to include all the strengths and none of the weaknesses.  Enjoy the role God gave you.  Valorie Burton says, "... enjoy simple but profound pleasures.  Give yourself permission to be human and appreciate the ordinary."  SMILE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment